I regret that due to personal reasons I will no longer be supporting my free software. The programs will remain available for downloading but I will not be updating them, nor will I be able to enter into any correspondence regarding the software.
Latest Version: 2.0.10
Latest version for 16-bit compilations: 1.2.15 (Now known as ScriptMaker16)
Purchase Details: Free
If you need to distribute software (either on the internet or on floppy disks/CDs) Jordan Russell has produced an excellent free setup compiler called Inno Setup. The compiler will combine and compress all the files required for a particular software installation and produce a single EXE file called SETUP.EXE. The latest version has all the facilities you're likely to want including:
- Support for all 32-bit Windows versions in use today -- Windows 95, 98, 2000, Me, NT 4.0.
- Support for Windows NT 3.51 can also be optionally included.
- (An older 16-bit version of Inno Setup is still available separately which supports Windows 3.1, 95/98/2000, and all versions of NT.)
- Full source code (Borland Delphi 2.0-5.0).
- Supports creation of a single EXE to install your program for easy online distribution. Disk spanning is also supported.
- Standard wizard interface.
- Complete uninstall capabilities.
- Copying of files:
- Includes integrated "deflate" file compression (the same compression .zip files use). The installer has the ability to compare file version info, and replace in-use files. On 32-bit installations, shared file counting is also supported, along with DLL/OCX and type library registration.
- Creation of shortcuts, and Start Menu/Program Manager groups and icons.
- Creation of .INI entries.
- Creation of registry entries.
- Y2K compliance.
- Proven track record. Inno Setup has been around for over 4 years, and currently has many thousands of users worldwide.
So what is ScriptMaker?
The one disadvantage of Inno Setup is that you need to create a fairly complex script from which the compiler will work. ScriptMaker makes it easy for you to create these scripts. The Inno Setup/ScriptMaker combination gives you an installation program at least as good as those you pay over $100 for - and you don't have to pay a penny for it. The latest version of ScriptMaker supports versions 1.10 to 1.3 and 2.0 of Inno Setup and 1.3 and 2.0 of Inno Setup Extensions (both of which you will need to download separately). ScriptMaker is extremely easy to use. You can save completed scripts which can later be reloaded and amended if necessary. ScriptMaker integrates fully into Inno Setup and, like Inno Setup, has many users around the world and is completely free.
The latest version of Inno Setup Compiler at the time this version of ScriptMaker was released was version 2.0.10.
ScriptMaker also supports the unofficial Inno Setup Extensions (ISX) created by Martijn Laan. The latest version of ISX when this version of ScriptMaker was released was 2.0.10
How much does ScriptMaker cost?
Many people have asked how much we charge for ScriptMaker. The answer is that it is, and will remain, free for all users.
Other links you may find of interest:
Changes in this Version
- Added support for [Code] section in ISX scripts.
- Added support for future unknown sections in scripts.
- Revised version of Icon Replacement DLL (copyright David Cornish) included.
- Scripts can now be saved as "Templates" (.ist extension) which can be used as a basis for future scripts. Templates need not include any files and do not have to have an Appliction Name. When reloaded they are shown as "Untitled".
- Changed color of ScriptMaker (a personal whim - indulge me!!). Added an option on the [Options] page to revert to normal coloring.
- Fixed bug in which caused toolbar to be partially hidden when editing license or readme files.
- Fixed bug when copying a setup to another drive.
ScriptMaker Version History
For answers to your Frequently Asked Questions, see the ScriptMaker FAQ Page
You can download Inno Setup Compiler from Jordan Russell's website.
Visit Martijn Laan's web site for Inno Setup Extensions.
The program is available from the following site:
|Download size: 1.78MB
|Approximate Download Time
16-bit CompilationsInno Setup 1.3/2.0 and ScriptMaker 1.3/2.0 do not support 16-bit installations. If you need to compile 16-bit installations you must use ScriptMaker16 and a version of Inno Setup earlier than version 1.3. NOTE: This is NOT a 16-bit application - it is a 32-bit application for creating scripts for 16-bit and 32-bit installations.
ScriptMaker16 version 1.2.15 can be downloaded from the following site:
Tutorials (Various Formats)
|HTML Tutorial (278K)
To use the tutorial with ScriptMaker, unzip the file into a sub-directory of your ScriptMaker directory called "tutorial". The Tutorial does not include Inno Setup Extensions or the lastest changes to Inno Setup.
Windows Help Format Tutorial (150K)
To use the tutorial with ScriptMaker, unzip the file into your ScriptMaker directory. The Tutorial does not include Inno Setup Extensions or the lastest changes to Inno Setup.
|View the ScriptMaker Tutorial on-line.
For answers to your Frequently Asked Questions see the ScriptMaker FAQ page.
This page URL: http://www.tafwebsoftware.co.uk/scriptmaker.html
Last major revision: 9 September 2001 at 02:32
Minor revisions: 12 May 2011 at 00:13