I regret that due to personal reasons I will no longer be supporting my free software. The programs will remain available for downloading but I will not be updating them, nor will I be able to enter into any correspondence regarding the software.
Latest Version: 1.4d
Purchase Details: Free
TagCheck will look at the code in your HTML page and check it for many of the common errors which we all make at times. Examples of these errors are:
- Mis-spelling tags names (many of us in the UK find it odd to use <CENTER> and not <CENTRE>!).
- Using attributes which are not appropriate for the particular tag (e.g. using BGCOLOR in a <IMG> tag).
- Using hexadecimal code wrongly when specifying colours (#AAG000 for example).
- Forgetting a closing tag where it is necessary to have one.
- Nesting tags in the wrong order.
- Omitting the final angle bracket of a tag.
- Placing text in the wrong place, for example between the <HEAD> and the <BODY> section of a page.
- Fogetting to close quotation marks.
TagCheck will also give suggestions for improving the HTML code. Including HEIGHT and WIDTH in a <IMG> tag is an example.
What's New Release 1.4d?
- Added a command to the "Tag" menu to replaces spaces in URLs with "%20" (user request).
- Amended the Tidy routine so that <PRE>...</PRE> tags are not affected.
- When "Tidying" the document the user now has the option of changing all tags to capitals or lowercase. The same choice can be made for all tag attributes.
- A file name can be specified in the command line when starting TagCheck (e.g. tagcheck.exe c:\web\index.htm) and TagCheck will automatically load and test the file. If TagCheck is already running, the command will be passed to the existing copy of TagCheck.
- Double-clicking a file in the file list now opens the file and immediately checks the tags.
- The drive combobox can now access the Network Neighborhood for working on networked drives.
- Right-clicking the directory list now gives a list of recently-used directories.
- Fixed bug which caused exception when checking a value which contained < OR > signs (reported by Peter Robson of TheSocialEdge)
TagCheck reporting errors in a web page
Right-clicking an error gives you a list of
the legal attributes for the tag concerned
Other links you may find of interest:
The program is available from the following site:
|Download size: 888.5KB
|Approximate Download Time
This page URL: http://www.tafwebsoftware.co.uk/tagcheck.html
Last major revision: 9 September 2001 at 02:32
Minor revisions: 12 May 2011 at 00:13